While determining which necklace length will work best for you, neck size is one of the most important factors. Follow the steps as given below.
- Wrap a soft tape measure around your neck, keeping the tape measure parallel to the floor.
- In order to prevent the chain from sitting too snugly around your neck, add 2 to inches to your neck measurement.
- If you are measuring for choker necklace, then you can stick with your extact neck measurement and don't add any excess length.
WOMEN'S STANDARD NECKLACE SIZE
|Necklace length||Position on the body||Best fit-shape of face|
|16 inches||Lies loosely around the neck||Heart shaped, Oval|
|18 inches||Hangs at the collarbone||Oval|
In addition to neck size, your height is also an important factor as it can change the position of a necklace around your neck. Long necklaces can overwhelm shorter women and short necklaces can get lost on taller women.
This is most common length of necklace, it falls beautifully just below the base of your throat and sit on your sexy collarbones. It usually fits you comfortably, including larger neck wears. It is perfect for crew and high neckline outfit, everday outfit like button down blouse or even simple t-shirt.
- 16 inches
- Falls perfectly around the base of the neck like a collar. On a pettie woman it will hit your collarbone while for plus size women it might feel more like a choker.
- 18 inches
- Acommon choice for women that will fall just below the throat at the collarbone. This length is popular for adding pendants which will hang over a crew neck.